Walletbusters... A Brick Too Far?

Now, I am a big fan of the classic 80s film Ghostbusters, for which I make no apologies. I am also a lifelong fan of LEGO.

Last year, I managed to get the limited edition 'ECTO-1' which was released for the 30th anniversary of the film and which, sits on the Shelf Of Treasured Things in my studio.

Well, LEGO have taken things to the extreme now with the upcoming release on January 1st, 2016 of the Ghostbusters HQ, which is in scale with ECTO-1 model, and which has almost 4500 parts.

The price is a pretty reasonable £274.99 and this will mean that I sacrifice about 7.5% of my allocated hobby budget for the year, leaving plenty for the few games related purchases I want and the two conventions (Vapnartak and Britcon) I'll be attending, the rest being set aside for model railway deviancy.



More details can be found here: http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Firehouse-Headquarters-75827


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...