Zen Gauge...


Well, I've been hard at it since Ollie delivered my layout on Sunday...
The front has had a layer of 2mm static grass added, the ground has all been drybrushed with buff grey and I've made a start adding staining to the ballast. Now I have that awful wait for the PVA/flow improver and brown ink to dry, before I can get stuck in with more dry brushing.
Still for 4 hours, I am not unhappy at all, with the progress.
I should be able to get a few more chunks of foliage placed this afternoon.

Next, I need some blue insulating foam for the grey areas, as I am trying for a look a little akin to Darley Dale.... A scar in the countryside. The retaining walls are getting replaced with stonecast 'dressed stone' as soon as the supplier casts them up.




Odd though the very dark areas look in the yard, it's bang on as they commonly used ash rather than ballast once the yards proper, began, so you get a very stark contrast . The next dry brush will soften that slightly.

For buildings I am going with Hornby 'Lyddle End' which will all get repaints... Probably a loading dock, coaling point, signal box, and 3 sheds. Lots of trees of course on the moorland. The grey foreground adjacent to the yard will get assorted industry (think Darley Dale / Matlock again ). All in all I am finding this far more relaxing than any recreational figure painting I've done in 25 years...




TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...