Sir Nigel Isn't Looking Well...

To celebrate my birthday today, my wife and I drove up to York to the National Railway Museum.

To be honest, with the exception of the Coronation Scot, it was much less inspiring than the last time I went, around 35 years ago.

One interesting element was the workshops where the public can watch restoration work being undertaken.

I was watching the operation being undertaken on an engine, and it was only when I changed my angle of view that I realised it was the venerable Sir Nigel Gresley, who seemed to be rather thin, compared to when I last saw him.

Poor Sir Nigel...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...