I Failed My Spelling Test

Last weekend after a personally harrowing week, I needed to really kick back and so, attended the 'Out Of This World' event in Sheffield, wearing my Death Eater (Harry Potter) costume.

It was great to see families and kids in particular meeting their favourite heroes and villians and being able to interact with them.

The highlight for me, was when this young lady (see below) playing Ginny Weasley, saw me walking towards her across Sheffield Peace Gardens, detached herself from her puzzled Dad, surged down the steps they were descending and shouted 'EXPELLIARMUS!' before I could even draw my wand from my belt.

A Death Eater was taken down by a Hogwarts First Year.

Oh the Ignominy...

Her Dad took the following photo and apparently, she was talking about the encounter for the rest of the day.

Mission accomplished, I'd say.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...