On The Covers...

Not even a whiff of controversy today I am afraid *chuckle*, but rather a few pics of some of the work I have done in the last few years as box art for companies such as Mantic and Spartan Games, of which I think I can be justifiably proud.

I was really chuffed to see that another blogger had posted images of his own work, where he had faithfully copied the scheme used for the Ralgard fleet box art.

I still need to get a copy of my appearance on the TV show 'Model Town' from the early 2000's where I was demonstrating the basics of figure painting for the massing throngs out there in Videoland.



The Ralgard ships in particular were a real strain as at the time I my wife was seriously ill in hospital and so, I was working flat out to get stuff done and keep myself occupied. Spartan than apparently had a shake-up in their studio (or some other bollocks) and I was dropped, being paid off in models, which frankly sold for much less than I was owed, leaving me in severe financial difficulties which took two years to clear... Thanks guys!


The Relthoza box art is a bitter sweet one for me. I wanted to do something really Chris Foss with the models, I mean look at them... They are classics, but the big man ant Spartan wanted the scheme shown, which I really loathed doing.


And there we have it, a few of my works to date. You can see more over at www.conflictincolour.com


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...