Vapnartak Opens The 2016 Wargaming Campaign Season


Vapnartak

Sunday 7th February 2016

Knavesmire Stand York Racecourse




Christmas is out of the way, the waistlines expanded as the troops emerge from Winter quarters and what is arguably the best show in the North of England, 'Vapnartak' is upon us.

Who would have thought, during those sometimes freezing days of the Merchant Adventurer's Hall that the then humble little show would grow to eclipse and outshine the larger shows which followed a couple of months later.

True, a winter show can be risky, but personally, I have only missed one Vapnartak due to weather, whilst I and my merry band of so-called 'cheque book wargamers' don't even make the effort with some of the other shows in the region that have faded into the West like world weary Hobbits.

The Knavesmire stand is a great venue (I also go there for the Your Model Railway Show which is even larger) and my only grouse to be honest is that they should use more of the venue space and the restaurant upstairs.

Whereas I use to make my first purchases in March/April at local shows, by first big spend of the year, goes down at York.

This year my planned spend is as follows:

1200 piece painted 15mm Renaissance army

500 piece 28mm Dwarf Army from The Assault Group

200 piece Perry Miniatures 28mm 100 Years War army

My supply of static grass for the year ahead.

There are other things I would consider, but as I am at the Festival Of British Railway Modelling in Doncaster on the 14th, and am looking to cut a deal on 12 N scale DCC locos, I must be a little more restrained than I might wish.

That's £1800 of business that will go to traders at Vapnartak, because it's a great place to go and shop, meet up with friends and grab a bargain on the tabletop sale, which over the last few years, I have really grown to love, even if it can be a bit of a squeeze when it's busy.

So, if you can make it to York this Sunday, do so, for a great wargaming day out!



York Wargames Society Logo



DOORS OPEN10-00-17-00ENTRY   ADULTS
(18 - 59)  £5.00ADULTS
(OVER 60)  FREEJUNIORS
(12 - 17)  £2.00CHILDREN
(UNDER 12)  FREE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...