Lots Of New Toys, But A Real Pain In The Neck...

It's rare for me to take a day away from my desk, but I awoke in the night with what I think is a trapped nerve in my neck and despite my daily swim for my arthritis, it's giving me enough pain that after sitting at my desk pottering about with this and that, I threw in the towel and instead spent the day, ordering all of my material supplies for 2019.

As of 17:30 today, the only thing I've not sorted out is my brush order. I've decided to do away with all 3 of my Daylight Co lighting rigs in favour of new Daylight Co adjustable LED rigs at £145 each. I will only use the best, but having spent an entire month's gross income, I am feeling satisfied but somewhat poorer for the exercise. That said I know that I have probably the best stocked and equipped studio possible.

Feeling as I do, it was something of a struggle to sit and pour over 200+ paint colours, adding them to the basket one at a time.

But, I'll be back at my desk in the morning and getting on with work as normal, regardless.

It's been an interesting week in terms of purchases. I'd decided to not go ahead with having 1200 15mm Italian Wars painted and so with a large amount of money in hand as a result, I decided to spend it in a shotgun fashion... Pulling the metaphorical trigger and seeing what I managed to hit.

I decided to use a portion of the cash to pay off some of my credit. It was all in hand anyway, but why not speed the process?

I was then the jeweller's on Sunday finding out how the hell to change the time on the engines watch that Kayte gave me for my birthday. It seems that it's a sure threaded winder which the member of staff who originally calibrated the the watch  had over-tightened. Problem solved (for with a watch of that value they do solve things there and then) I wandered around the store and, in a fit of love and spontaneous generosity, I bought Kayte a rather nice little Tissot timepiece.



Later, I came across a largish collection of Citadel pre-slotta Gangsters from the early 80s, which needed a tiny bit of TLC (thanks to my kid brother, Andy this is in hand)and at £2 per model it was a no brainer, although I had no real plans to buy any gangsters.



Then, again on Sunday I found some rather nice 20mm WW2 British which were priced quite fairly at £50 and so, were added to my collection, just because I couldn't resist.




Monday saw me purchase a large 20mm Romanian WW2 army which I'd been considering for a few months and which had not sold - surprisingly. My mate has a load of unpainted Russians, so it's all hands on deck to get them painted, I hear. At £300 I'm more than happy to be patient whilst my opponent marshals his forces.




And in a final flurry of retail therapy, yesterday I bought a very large Warhammer Fantasy Battle Demonic army for £500. Again, I'd not planned to buy an army of this type, but its pretty and as I previously noted, LARGE.

Anyway, on to the details of the army - by box:
Box 1
Generally, a big demons box.
Demon of Tzeentch
Demon of Khorne
Demon of Slaanesh
Demon Prince (Belokar)
Keeper of Secrets
Greater Demon of Tzeentch
A scratch built The Blue Scribes. Can be used as a Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chartiot
A 6 ‘man’ unit of Bloodcrushers, with full command. This unit was painted by a Golden Demon finalist
Box 2
Generally, a box of bigger stuff!
Burning Chariot of Tzeentch
Skull Cannon of Khorne – a cannon for chaos!
Khorne Soulgrinder
Bloodthirster, Greater Demon of Khorne. An awesome figure – it’s heavy but all limbs have been pinned.
Box 3
Now we come to the rank and file
5 Screamers of Tzeentch (see box 5)
6 Flamers of Tzeentch (newer model – see box 4)
52 Horrors of Tzeentch
Standard bearer and musician. Painted by Golden Demon finalist
Herald of Tzeentch. Painted by Golden Demon finalist
Box 4
More rank and file
30 Plaguebearers, including Standard Bearer and Musician
8 Harpies
20 Daemonettes of Slaanesh with Standard Bearer, Musician and Champion. Painted by Golden Demon finalist
Character – The Masque of Slaanesh. Painted by Golden Demon finalist
10 Seekers of Slaanesh with Standard Bearer, Musician and Champion. Painted by Golden Demon finalist
6 Flamers of Tzeentch (older model)
Box 5
More rank and file (my favourite box!)
5 Screamers of Tzeentch (in addition to those in box 3)
6 Flesh Hounds of Khorne
Character – Karanak, Hound of Vengeance
Character – Skulltaker
Herald of Khorne
46 Bloodletters, including two standard bearers.



Following the purchase of the gangsters, I had a look around for scenery and decided that the TT Combat MDF buildings would be fun, and thus plan to buy a dozen or so.

Then after a chat with my fellow gamers, I decided to begin with a Prohibition era town and add in later buildings to create a sort of living small U.S town which will see 70s crime waves and gang troubles, 80s extraterrestrial abandonments, creeping horrors and soviet invasions, all tackled by the ever resourceful American teenager.

Later we'll see terror plots and zombie infestations. Yes, the town of Fackham is going to be busy, busy, busy...

Tomorrow, I am expecting 900 painted 28mm ECW to arrive, having been commissioned back in May. Now all I have to do, is to get them based and the pike and flags fitted, and that will be the last gaming purchases for 2018 and will hopefully herald in some good winter gaming sessions.

My neck still hurts though...


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...