This was a question which reached me, via official channels, and so, I guess that before this month is out, I should put fingers to keyboard, despite a promise not to go near my studio until mid-September an, by extension the blog. But, a month long holiday is a long time and so a week into it, as the memsahib rests after a culinary journey both physical and metaphorical, I thought I'd catch up a little with members of this parish.
Last week, just in time for my holiday, the first tranche of my Celts turned up from my painter, just as I realised that I had no bases ordered in for them... So, I now have several hundred models on my desk awaiting MDF deliveries.









The first week of the holiday has been a pretty easy one, with a few outings and last night, we celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary (which is actually today) at The Blacksmiths, Clayworth, a considerable drive for Kayte, but which was recommended to us by a friend and client who knows their way around things gastronomic.
The memsahib went with a selection of breads, followed by a sea bass, served on crushed potatoes with a sun blush tomato and butter sauce, with seasonal vegetables, whilst I opted for 3 Maldon oysters, followed by a rather passable (he says, still remembering the textures and delicate flavours) seafood platter:
I took delivery of a large 15mm Renaissance collection which is now out in the games roomawaiting the basing being finished and I am hoping that 7 days from now, I'll have a nice 15mm ACW collection with some 'history' way back in the 80s.
I do like ACW, and it's one of those periods that I actually prefer in 15mm, as you can get a nice sense of space and scale, of the American terrain.
I'll need to get a few buildings sorted, the obvious first choice being Hovels of course.
And for the most part, that's been 'it', but I have a massive reading pile, of which I'll write more, when I photograph whats in said pile.
TTFN
Comments
Post a Comment
Leave your praise and vitriolic commentary here...