Warrior WETURNS!

 

 


I was, as is my wont, browsing the world wide web of wargames yesterday, and I was surprised and I cannot express how overjoyed, to find that Warrior Miniatures are once again available. 

Many of my generation began with Warrior Miniatures, particularly their 25mm Landsknechts which, if painted with care, looke pretty awesome. 

OK, they are small by today's gargantuan and I think, outrageous standards, but they are still 70p per infantry and a paltry £1.40 for cavalry.

If you are on a budget or want to try a new period, why waste money on £2 per figure castings which will devalue, the moment you buy them, meaning that if you get fed up or decide this latest thing isn't for you, you are not going to be so out of pocket.

Also, consider Warrior if you have kids or grandkids that you want to get started in the hobby. 

For those of you who love an old school figure, then Warrior are the genuine article. 

I love Warrior - did I mention that? - and what's more they own the Gallia 15mm range, which have the same chunky character as the old Mike's Models ranges. Indeed, my first ECW armies were a mix of Gallia and Mike's Models, and I am of a mind to raise my ECW malaise fron the depths of despair, to recreate those armies.

I also always fancied a Palmyran army, and at £40 for 50 25mm cavalry, the temptation is high to spend £120 and have a respectably sized army for what is frankly peanuts.

Certainly, as soon as I finish this post, I'm of to order some ECW, and I think perhaps a Feudal Scots and Feudal English set-up, with perhaps some 15mm Boer War or maybe Zuls, or possibly Mahdists, because Gallia did all of these and they were lovely.

Also, check out the 15mm ACW, and for those of you with a nautical bent, you must take a look in the gallery at the 1/650 Ancient naval minis which are fantastic and a mere £2.50 or so eacjh for models averaging 60mm long with full sails.

In the 25mm Fantasy there are some very passable Halflings, Dwarves and one of my favourite old school Skeletons with sword and shield as well as a dragon for a paltry £15 which looks the part.

Even if you don't want any of the infantry, heck out the artillery which is a fraction of the cost of other manufacturers. The ECW and Renaissance guns are a long time 'go to' for myself and others who can appreciate a sizeable artillery park. The same goes for the wagons.

I could go on, but I want to go shopping, so take a look for yourself at http://www.warriorminiatures.com/ 

 

TTFN 

 

Comments

  1. I got a lot of my early metal figures from Warrior. Mostly 15mm fantasy to bulk out my armies for Reaper rules. At £9.99 for 100, why not!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave your praise and vitriolic commentary here...

Popular posts from this blog

Tales From The Underbelly Part 1: Where It All Began To Fall Apart

And We're Off! Or, How I Learned, After 45 Years, To Just Do What I Want, And Ignore Everybody & Everything Else

Counter Cultural Thoughts...