A Few Words...

YES! I made it to 50!

Damn, it's been a fraught few months as I feared I'd check out - Fate being like that.

Thank you to my friends and family or family and friends if you prefer, for the great gifts and wishes.

I know we were supposed to meet up, this evening but, I could see the difficulties in the social logistics of having three distinct camps of friends, some who would have been in larger numbers than others, which could have made it unenjoyable for those on their own.

That said, it’s a good job that we didn’t because I managed to get a chest bug as a result of the anti-TNF loading dose. You will note the irony of it hitting 48 hours before my birthday…

Oh the pathos! Pete Armstrong would have seen the humour in that...

My old friend, Roger managed to bring a tear to my eye, with an unexpected gift of the complete 'By The Sword Divided' and a card which was a perfect example of the sense of humour my peer group shared and which for many of us was a default state of being in the early to mid 80s.





Darren Jon Ashmore, and Togs Bamford, I know that like Roger, you are not close enough, but maybe one day we can get out for a beer or have a game. I sincerely hope so...

I'd like to thank Ceridwen & Micheal for the birthday pizza last night, which despite my coughing, hacking and general grumpiness (no change there, I know) was great fun, and the 'Stranger Things' cake that Ceridwen made for me, (despite having two kittens and three young kids who I think are solar powered as they never stop, one of whom also needed a cake the day before) was brilliant.

Anyway, thanks again to you all. The day may be not as originally planned but I really, really appreciate everything and it's a birthday I will remember - And not just because of the sore throat and snot.


TTFN

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday! You get 20,000 XP for reaching that milestone :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave your praise and vitriolic commentary here...

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...