Back To Normal, & Takeda Arrives

I am pleased to say that I have my wife safely home and recovering from the angio oedema. We are both tired, but life goes on and both she and I are working as normal.

Yesterday my painted Samurai eBay purchase arrived, bit sadly had some damage:


It's a shame, but because I am an experienced and skilled painter and fixer-upper, it'll take me perhaps an hour to bring them back up to standard. Beyond the transit damage they are a wonderful purchase and, the seller has kindly refunded £50, bringing the whole box down to £250.00, so I am far from complaining.

Now, it may be that you don't hear from me (cue: cheers) until some time after the 10th of August as I am so busy that spare time's not really an option. I am not complaining because after that I am taking a break for almost a month to recharge my batteries, celebrate my 50th birthday and generally slow down for a while and spend time with my wife at conventions, galleries, museums and the odd restaurant, no doubt.

I'm looking at a return to Sat's Mill to take in some more Hockneys and to Bradford's Cartwright Hall Gallery where they have a stunning and somewhat forgotten gallery of British Black & Asian art, which I am somewhat red-faced (being a fan of modernist and abstract art) to admit I was unaware of until I watched the excellent BBC programme on the subject.

You can find it here:

whoever-heard-of-a-black-artist-britains-hidden-art-history

It really is worth an hour of your time. For me, it has linked a few things in my knowledge base and experience of militant/protest abstract and modernist artwork, which I first became attracted to at about age 11 as I prowled the numerous art galleries of Sheffield.

Well, I must sign off for now, as I have 1500 individual 6mm infantry to base, and only 4 days to do it in.

TTFN


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...