I love my hobby. In fact I live and breathe my hobby and have done so for just shy of 40 years. I remember the Satanic Panic, Pat Pulling, the blaming of D&D for all the woes of the world and so much more.

In short, I remember when it was considered easier to admit that you were an incestuous, morris dancing, junkie than to say 'Oh, I play games with funny shaped dice and little model soldiers'.

Now, what really, really gets my fucking dander up, is when I see a documentary purporting to be 'about the creators of D&D' interview a bunch of kids employed by the current owner of the line, with no mention to or attempt to interview the real creators or even their surviving family members.

If you listen to bearded grinning buffoon responsible, he is right in there with the people who gave him his great hobby.

No! You fucking well are not, my friend!

This is blatant re-writing of social history by a generation who are sore that they were nothing more than a masturbation session with high hopes back when their father was cracking one off to a Jeff Dee illustration of tightly chain mailed, buxom pulchritude.

Hell, their fathers must have been fair weather gamers, if they left their bedrooms or basements long enough to have a shower, leave the house and then indulge in social and latterly sexual intercourse with a  member of the opposite sex.

OK, hands up, I did it - and yes, I was a bit of a fair weather gamer at the time, as it was during the years of my banishment from Games Workshop where I'd been a literal fixture since 1982 (there are rumours hat one November morning around 1984 I was found frozen to the glass).

Anyway, it gets me upset, and makes me yearn even more for 'Dice Men' to be published. By golly that will tell it like it was from the looks of it, and you'll not see a single one of those smug, hip bastards in it, that's for sure!

Incidentally, funding has reached 94% and if you have any genuine interest in the early days of gaming in the UK , you really should get behind it.

You can find out more here:


Incidentally, these are the kid of people behind your wonderful hobby, you irony-filled, little shits...



Moving on, David Wood of the Little Soldier Company has just announced the Tenoch, a race of amphibious frog folk from the stars, with a taste for the Mesoamerican, sartorially. Wonderful models, sculpted by Kev Adams no less. Find out more at David's bog:




Coming soon from Screaming Mob Miniatures, are several ranges with over 200 variants in each, comprising:

Fantastic Tribes - A collection of classic fantasy races and archetypes, that tip the hat to the Golden Age, much like the Tenoch.

First up are Gnolls, Hobgoblins & Zombies

And then there's 

The C.C Reese Range - A similarly retro collection of fantasy models inspired by the often heard question 'What range are they?' to which you always hear the reply 'C.C Reese', although I may be mishearing something more akin to 'C Series'. Again with over 200 variants to the initial release of South American inspired warrioresses tooled up with everything from a blowpipe to a futuristic handgun will over a hard to beat spread of models for the gamer and collector.

And finally, in just a few short weeks the first U.K based stocks of Hudson & Allen buildings for many years, will be arriving with Conflict In Colour. The first shipment will contain all the medieval and renaissance buildings, with the second delivery comprising castles, following shortly thereafter.

And that's about it for now, other than to thank those of you who sent their kind best wishes for the recovery of the memsahib after her angio oedema on Monday. She is doing well and is soldiering on, but is tiring very easily, as you might expect. But at least I still have the woman without whom, I'd waste my time hanging around on this mud ball, backwater planet.

TTFN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...