PHEW! ARGGGH! MMMMMM!

Yesterday I was informed that several large packages (previously blogged about in this parish) were delayed and would be delivered today.

This was a stressful bit of news because  we were due to have our cut-de-sac resurfaced, beginning at 7AM this morning.

At 4AM this morning we heard the sound of the reversing signals of a large truck outside and figured that this was the advance scouting party, and thus were prepared here at the Dark Tower to withstand the ensuing three day siege.

7AM came, then 8AM...

At 9AM the first of 8 packages arrived and by 10AM the last parcel arrived unlike the work crews. It was then that the mystery of the noise in the night was revealed, when I saw that the signs warning us that were were in a war zone, had been changed to the 22nd. Obviously this was why they'd been around during the early hours.

HUZZAH!

And so at 10AM this morning this was the state of my kitchen:



trust me, that is a lot of figures and games, all of which are now neatly stacked awaiting proper unpacking due to my heavy work schedule today, as I was using the memsahib's day in the office (she's a senior civil service type so does sometimes have to leave the house to attend face to face meetings when it's something important) to get a few hours extra work under the table. Then it was on with the house cleaning, the memsahib eventually escaping her formal duties at about 18:30.

I did of course leave the kitchen for her attention so that she wouldn't feel left out of the 'fun' as is right and proper.

I did open one package ugly - the Strontium Dog miniatures sets, from Goblin Gaming, and found they had kindly included the Johnny Alpha with electronux special edition model, gratis. This was a lovely surprise.

I will be writing some more old school reminiscences and thoughts in due course, but at present I have a load of emotions, and metal sketches that I need to be able to organise properly, so please bear with me.


TTFN


PS: There are several hundred Chaos models in those boxes, somewhere!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...