Does Anyone Have A Remedy For Grass-stained Flannels?

2019 is to be the year of the shiny toy soldier for me.

I have looked at what I have, what I need (very little) and what looks fun, and the desire for some proper grown up gaming with matchsticks and funny hats, seems to need satisfying. To that end, I have this morning negotiated for a dozen or so boxes of Britains traditional 54mm toy soldiers, having driven a hard bargain. A few building block structures, and a bottle of port and I am set to go...


This morning, I began with a little pre-breakfast shopping, and acquired:

8959
8834
8806
8821
8811
8828
8833
8836/8838
8856
8845
8841

My two armies are both based on British units. One side is all Colonial and Native units, whilst the other is Home Service, the bonus being that I can combine them if I need to take on an over large opposing force. I have rationed myself to a £1200 initial budget but no doubt, this will increase, because those shiny little buggers are jut too nice...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...