ORCS! And Stormtroopers...

Well, the other day I got a desire to build an army of Orcs designed by Nick Lund, late of Chronicle, Citadel and Grenadier.

Now, they are admittedly an acquired taste for some, but for me they mixed in with my Citadel and Ral Partha back in the day because they looked so different and gave the feel of a different tribe or strain of the Orcish gene. I loved them and still do to this day.

I was searching the inter web and then remembered that eM4 miniatures, the business of the great and mighty Doug Cowie, produce ready painted Orcs by Mr Lund.

True there are only 5 figures in the painted set, but you have shields, clubs, mauls, spears and axes, so if you add a few command and then some other bits such as wolf riders, you can seriously reduce the time taken to field an army.

When I got to the site, the Orcs were on sale from £15 to £9.00 for 5 metal 25mm models, painted to a nice retro tabletop standard. Liking what I saw, I ordered 30 sets for a total of £270, planning to make 10 units of 15 with 3 command to be painted by your correspondent, for a total of 18 models.

I ordered the models on Sunday and they arrived on Tuesday via DHL.

They were lovely and so, I ordered another 12 sets.

Then another 12 sets.

And 12 more sets...

As of today, I've bought 66 sets for a total of 330 Orcs.

The maths are astounding when you subtract the £1.50 per casting for the basic metal, you are looking at £99.00 for the painting of 330 models, which is so ridiculously good, that I may even buy another 30 sets.


To bolster the forces, my fellow Lundophile and inline chum, Simon Howard offered me a shed load of wolf riders and infantry at a very fair price, so I have a bloody enormous army at my disposal.

All in all, a very good day.

Yesterday, I also bought 69 West End Games Star Wars figures, painted to a decent tabletop standard for £150 which was the proverbial 'steal'




I think that's about me done for 2018, but I am very happy indeed, and somewhat giddy with the old school goodness...


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...