A Respite From The Big Boys

One thing that I always do when I find something new which interests me and tweaks the geek, is throw myself at it with abandon and all resources, firing the proverbial shotgun out of the back door, hitting lots of things and then sorting what's good for the pot when the smoke clears.

I've reached that point with my 54mm project at present, having amassed a large collection already, and having decided that much of the Indian stuff will be moved on whilst some is added to my British army. I'll probably paint an Indian army myself using plastics, as my next 54mm foray, but in field dress rather than ceremonial.

This coincides with a terrible urge (not involving a Dachshund, a Ferrero Rocher and lubricant, no) to revisit a few old themes, such as starships and 15mm fantasy armies.

I am not sure where this may lead, but 3mm sci-fi is also appealing, so it'll probably end in tears.

What started it was the other day when at a loose end and waiting for some weathering to dry, I  chanced on a nice fleet of adequately painted starships on eBay for the rather tasty sum of £99. I obviously bought them because I've a sweet tooth for these particular dainties. That then got me thinking about other things... And so on and so forth, as is the way.

here are the starships in question. A nice mix of manufacturers, which for me is always nicer for sci-fi fleets... Far more 'proper'.



I'll make a few little adjustments here and there, but as you can see, they're quite fit for purpose.

Now, it may be that I write a little less often for a while, as my blood pressure has been a tad on the high side this week, and yesterday I finished work early (having of course completed my day's work - no fear there) and crawled to bed for a very troubled two hours wherein, I genuinely think I was on the brink of popping this mortal coil. Anyway, my wife was suitably freaked out that she has insisted (believe me, when she does that, she damned well means it!) that I attend the G.P Monday morning at latest. My father also pointed out that it was an undiagnosed heart issue that dropped my mum where she stood last year and that 4 of my recent ancestors have also been on the heart hit list. So, I will be there on Monday, and also trying to slow down a little.

Admittedly, I felt somewhat refreshed by a 1K swim last night, but that's no excuse for not getting checked out.

Ah, for the days when I believed myself immortal.

Anyway, I must sign off as I have to get a few chores done, and also look at the cost of funeral plans.


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

Terrain Mats For Games - The finest tactical teddybear fur!