The First Show Of The Year And What The Sharp Dressed Gamer Will Be Wearing...

Well, today I am off to the Hammerhead show at Newark, my first of the year, having decided against the Great Yorkshire Cattle Market which is Vapnartak, for the first time in over 20 years.

My shopping list is a ridiculously short one, comprising a mere 16 packets of 1/600 sci-fi from Magister Militum. The aim being to do a test run of sorts on the possibilities (high, I feel) for this scale on a traditionally sized among table.

I will of course pause the retailers and the tabletop sale (I think they have one), but I have few needs other than to shake of the ghosts I have from my last visit to the Newark Showground, as I had just returned from there last year, when my Mum dropped dead (no hyperbole, she just dropped apparently) leaving me with a dread of returning lest it incur a similar fatality this year. Given my current health issues, this may be a bridge too far.

So, my sartorial bent, is to the more casual, whilst still presenting myself in a somewhat elegant manner, to wit:

Blue calfskin boots - simple design by Hush Puppies

T.M Lewin 'weekend' shirt with 3 colours pin check in red and blues

Bespoke weskit with fuchsia and blue silk pocket square from Marks & Spencer.

Longines Hydronaut timepiece

Scent for the day is Penhaligon's Halfeti, a scent which is limp-wristedly butch and reassuringly expensive.


Now, I must away and prepare...

TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...