Raises! Skitter, Skitter, Run-Run, KILL!








As many of you know, I have a truly enormous Undead army for 1st - 3rd ed including 250+ from the collection of the late Joe Dever. Now, I don't play points based games and so finding opponents for 700-800 Undead has been a problem for me, in terms of my finding another army to buy, which could face it.

So, although it was later models than I normally like, I bought a 400 piece Skaven army with the added bonus that it's fully painted too - I paint for a living, so painting anything for myself is not going to happen.

Well, I finally sorted the new Skaven army out of the GW carry cases it arrived in (jesus, do I hate those things) and onto their movement trays. It's an impressive and very good looking army.
The base edges are going to be painted black and a good matte varnish applied, as is normal for me, but I have to say that I am very happy indeed. The army looks 'right', with brigades from assorted clans as well as a large mass of Clan Rats, Slaves and Storm Vermin. Clan Moulder will get a little attention, and I want to remove the two Warp Lightning Cannons and add more Warp Flame Throwers.

It's easy enough to convert it for 2nd & 3rd ed as the majority of the clan troops simply become bog standard Clan Rats.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...