Progress, Progress!

Well, despite a week in which my wife was hospitalised and the house torn asunder for a new boiler and security system to be fitted and a week of truly hellish work, I've got a lot of gaming stuff under way. In the last hour, I reached approximately the half way point of the completion of my 28mm New Model army (baggage excluded) after two days of basing, fixing of flags and varnishing:
I also commissioned a painted army from Redoubt this week, choosing Irish Catholic Confederates, which will be expanded after Christmas to allow it to serve dual use as a Montrose Scots army by removing the massed pike blocks and substituting them with highland units and Gordon foot. That will bring my ECW to around 1000 pieces which is for this year, a reasonable figure. On Friday I received a big box of FASA Traveller ship plans, which are currently on the dining table awaiting proper indulgence in their retro beauty. Big thanks go out to Chris Gilbride. My Snapshot rules arrived last week, and RAFM tell me that my order for 200 of the former Traveller figure designed by the Perrys will be shipping next week. As much as I hate painting at weekends, I do have a soft spot for the old Citadel 15mm figures, so I'm looking forward to painting and using them in a manner totally contemporary to their original era of release. As I mentioned previously I also ordered 300 or so of the 1970s 'Starguard'miniatures which are 1/72 and very much of their time, but which have a charm and a seductive power which I cannot resist. I first considered buying them almost two decades ago, and then when I saw the way that Michael Kasey had brought them to life on a couple of social media groups, I finally gave in. Here are some pictures of Michael's work:
These are wonderfully old school and eminently capture the look and feel of the 'period'. I fully intend to paint them myself and look forward to gaming with them in the future. I also finished my Christmas shopping this week, which will mean that I can spend weekends through Autumn and into Winter, getting all of the above lead table-ready, and hopefully not have to wander into the Covid Wasteland beyond my front door. No sir, I have no intention of becoming a blood sacrifice for the Overlords Of Earth... My range of Lesser Goblins also reached the mould maker on Friday, so I look forard to having a few hundred of those cast up and may even paint them myself. Otherwise, they will be sent to a painter with a very tight brief (it's caused by age and good living I hear) so that they positively shine with the old school style I love so much. Right, I must sign off now as I have dinner to prepare and the beef with chilli and shallots needs my tender ministrations. TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...