So What Else Do You Do?

 As some of you will no doubt know, my other great passion in life is the collecting of Scottish Terriers.

Now, it was a question of going to the Steel Warriors show next weekend, wasting money for what I fear may not be the best show I'd visit this year, or spend the day pushing a pet buggy around with a 10 week old Scottie pup.

The show lost. And it really lost when I called the venue to make a few enquiries and got a somewhat 'can't be arsed' response. And thus, I though 'Fuck 'em!' as I am wont to do when I get short shrift.

So, this morning on a whim, I called the breeder of my last Scottie and lo and behold, she had one puppy available from a recent litter, and double l.a.b, it was a girl - Perfect!

So, Sunday will see the memsahib and I making a 5 hour round trip to collect Penelope Prune McSnuggle (yes, we have a well hone ritual for naming our pets, but the memsahib says that she will never countenance naming a Scottie 'Rab De Fridge'. It was a fight to get her to agree to 'Prune', but I stamped my foot and threatened to give her freshly painted figure of Charles 1, the 'Tower Of London Treatment' with some clippers. A dangerous gambit, as I sleep with my eyes closed for a few hours every night... 

'Canine Unit 6' was also rebuffed, as a matter of note.

As you can see from the pic the breeder sent, she is a cracking young lady.

This morning the postie delivered a selection of Essex 28mm ECW figures, and to this day they are some of the cleaning castings and nicest looking ECW figures I've ever had the pleasure to own. The Puritan preacher is always a joy to paint, you'll always find one somewhere in one of my ECW armies. The memsahib has a Papist ne'er-do-well lurking close to the king, but a well placed artillery barrage will deal with that thorn in the side of Parliament.

We've had quite a busy two days. The memsahib was at the hospital for almost 16 hours yesterday as our daughter had her gall bladder removed and needed ferrying home afterwards, but also needed her Mum to help get her to come around after the operation, because the staff couldn't get her to wake up. 

All credit to the staff at the Northern General Hospital for doing great work, but they couldn't do what a bar of Dairy Milk could :)

We spent a couple of hours going out for lunch today, but the day's mostly been about getting the things we need for the arrival of Penny, as well as the requisite disinfecting of the floors in all rooms with kennel disinfectant and a steam mop. That said, we did get a chance to make our holiday plans for the Summer and the various Christmas meals and the annual 'Kate Rusby Christmas Concert' which is always a joy, but which hasn't taken place for a couple of years now.

We love listening to a couple of hours of traditional festive folk and especially Yorkshire carols and wassails. This year it's the night before we take our 4 week Christmas break, so it'll be a great start to the festive season proper.

Speaking of the Steel Warriors show, the trader list has now contracted to just 12 traders with Irregular Miniatures being crossed off the list. Hardly what you'd call a good omen.

Well, if you will excuse me, I must go and watch Starsky and Hutch and try to get some sleep as it's an early start on Sunday. The excitement here is palpable.


TTFN




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...