There'll be a welcome in the hillsides...

 A very good morning to you all!

I've always fancied a Welsh army, so when one came on the market this week, on a popular auction site, I was up for the fight. And what a fight it was, which saw some heavy last minute bidding, and your correspondent having to stay up 42 minutes past his bedtime.

I missed out on the opposing Viking army as I could not manage two live auctions at once, ending 14 seconds apart. The seller could have made a lot more had he considered the end times of the two auctions. Still, I did get the Welsh, which comes in at about 370 pieces and is rather pretty:






So now, I'll just need to ask my painter to add another 300 Vikings to his work flow, in addition to the 2000+ he already has in line.

Of course, these will do double duty as fantasy humans, and will look the part in my opinion.

This will be further enhanced by last week's purchase.

I was supping my coffee at my desk on Thursday morning, when my friend of over 35 years, Richard, sent me a message, asking for advice on whether he should buy an Asgard dragon. Well, I of course asked what he was being charged for this long OOP item, and he directed me to Alternative Armies, who, have retooled and re-moulded this early 80s classic complete with rider, in a limited run of 200 models with a £125 price tag. But, it is a classic. 

Initially, I grumpily replied that it was £50 too expensive, but that was only because Richard is currently in a sunny location, working on a well known epic fantasy show, and rubbing it in like Piz Buin.

Then I mellowed, and said that I thought, given the scarcity of it, that yes, he should and so should I, buy one.

It's a monster of a monster, and will look great amidst the ragtag, sheep shaggers who constitute the Celtic horde.


 I also picked up a smashing ECW camp diorama, for a very reasonable £23, which will get a bit of a base job before joining my Parliamentarian forces:

And you may recall, I mentioned in passing, the toys of my youth? Well, I bagged a nice condition set of CArpet Golf, which I loved as a kid. I do have another set in my studio, but another is nice as I will repaint the two players in different outfits. Given that out in the Rumpus Room, there's a teddy bear fur mat, this would seem a tailor made distraction when not wargaming.

It's a game which takes considerable skill to master the shots, and is great fun.

Which reminds me, I recall that I have a set of Crossbows & Catapults somewhere in the eaves of the Dark Tower...

TTFN


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...