Of Gunslingers, Samurai & Giant Toadstools

 It's been an action packed last seven days of May...

Firstly, I finally got the Serenity Flatts display game, I purchased from Dave Docherty, on the table, and the teddy bear fur mat (my third now) from Terrain Mats For Games in Hungary, really sets it all off nicely. Peter's mats are superb and he offers brilliant customer service to an international client base.

Check them out here:

https://www.facebook.com/terepszonyegek

On Sunday, three of us gave the free 'Ruthless' gunfight rules an outing whilst the Memsahib pottered in the garden and prepared a good cold lunch for us. 

We had Lawmen, Ne'er Do Wells and a group of Apache, all knocking seven shades of what's goof for the cacti, out of each other, to see how they played, and we were all very enthusiastic about them. We played for 6 hours in a convivial atmosphere, punctuated by some ripe language when things went awry. At 5PM-ish only the Apach were left standing, having skulked and sniped their way, right around the outskirts of Serenity, with one of the band armed with a rifle, remaining in the stock yards taking 'low hanging fruit' shots at the Pale Faces, who were to involved in taking each other apart. Great fun, all round and we will be revisiting the rules a fair bit. At about 3 pages, they offer lots of possibilities with no padding - PERFECT!



































Serenity will be growing in size, in the near future as I add my own spin to Dave's wonderful set-up.

In other news, I revceived back 31 Orc command groups from my painter, so I can now get the first 31 regiments of Nick Lund Orcs based and out to the games room. I think it will be around 1400 models by the end of the year. HUSSAH!

I'm pretty much set for life in terms of historical stuff now, so a lot of my purchases will be fantasy, going forward.

Speaking of which, I found a supply of 40-50mm high toadstools on TEMU the other week, so I bought a few sets. They come in three types and go well with 28mm figures. They are to me, an essential fantasy terrain item. I ordered a load more yesterday, and they will not be painted, but will be properly based. Here's a quick pic, showing just one variety, against a vintage Dixon Miniatures, 'Chaos Samurai':

 

And finally, I've always been one for collecting game related artwork as some of you know. I had spoken with the evergreen Trev Dixon about the classic 'Ninja' artwork he used in the 80s, and he kindly greed to sell it to me. 

It's a good job that I have a games room as it's 6x4 feet!

It's going to add some 'oomph' to the games room, that's for sure, and make Samurai gaming a real pleasure.

Well, that's it for now, I better crack on.


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...