A little glimpse at the fantasy project.

 I've tried to have some fun with the burgeoning fantasy project, and with regards to the human forces, it's getting rather interesting.

I decided that broadly speaking, I would use a mix of historical and fantasy figures, but would not tie them to a specific historical analog.

Thus, the armour varies in style, and it creates individual nations and states in doing so.

Another rule I have loosely applied is to buy random units from various places, usually painted. Again, it creates adentities from randomness. It's great.

Here are a few shots of my human elements thus far. Most models are Essex Miniatures with a few Citadel and a fine unit of vintage Der Kreigspiellers Easterlings:









The astute amongst you will spy a few of Gary Chalk's collection in there.

I have also gone a bit old school on a couple of the units of 'crusading knights' by using model aircraft decals to add detail to the (as supplied) plain shields. No doubt over time I shall concoct some bollocks as a background for those units.

My basing is simple. I use groups of 4 models for 'trained' troops and groups of 6 for tribal or levy units. It is an aestheticall pleasing way of identifying the quality of a unit at a glance and I think that will also alter how people use and imagine given units in play.

For the record, all I have done is to pop them on new bases and smarten up the varnish (along with those few decals)

TTFN



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...