What Has 8 Legs, 13 Heads And F***s Elves?

 Well, the interior of the Dark Tower has been reclaimed as a home once again, after almost 5 months of sharing the battle space with builders, plasterers, window installers and bedroom fitters, all topped off with two days of carpet fitters who I think must have never heard of charm and tact, and very efficient furniture delivery chaps - Big props to Oak Furniture Land for having brilliant delivery staff, but thumbs down to those at head office who attempt to chisel you repeatedly for stuff you already paid for!

Saturday was a long one, as we attempted to get the dust off everything and then locate the contents of 4 rooms and get it all into the right place. It took 16 hours and at the end of it, both I and the memsahib were literally dead on our feet.

Yesterday, I went out to the game room, and apart from the fact that there's an egress window unit for my studio, surreptitiously left there by my builder (because our 'big name' window installation company, whilst VERY good, couldn't supply one), my room is once again my own. So I went in there, armed with a screwdriver, Dremel and a collection of tin signs with 80s film posters, AD&D artwork and pithy repartee printed on them to add some colour to my walls.

This week, if work permit's I'll go in and begin dressing the table again.

Sunday was spent with the memsahib, beginning the day with a wonderful eggs Benedict with a Spanish twist at John Street Kitchen, a Hipster eatery which is welcoming and serves great food and coffee. I want them to come up with a version which uses two hamburger patties instead of English muffins, a sort of American twist which would be known as eggs Benedict Arnold!

After breakfast, it was a case of working through a long list of international culinary ingredients to stock some of the new kitchen space followed by an online shop at Mexican Grocer for assorted Mexican (who'd have guessed) produce which, whilst expensive, really up your game when it comes to recreating Mexican recipes in the home.

My painter has now been paid in full and in advance to complete my big fantasy project, so now I have to start feeding the last 2000 pieces to him as I get them prepped and primed. We agreed a very amenable settlement for advance payment, something I only ever do when I trust someone entirely. My painter is frankly at the top of a very short list of people I'd trust my money to 'up front' and is a sterling gentleman.

I managed to get two more Citadel C27 Hydras over the weekend, one of which technically needs a head, but who's to say it's not had a run in with a Greek hero recently - you know how easily head removal incidents happen.

Both are in great condition:



I also 'bagged' another complete Gnoll Chieftan's chariot for a very reasonable £35 which, will give me 9 or 10 of these to get stripped, painted and rebuilt, and I think I may remove the crew from most of them leaving only the driver, and instead add either Night Goblins or other Goblins for variety with the Gnoll Chieftan being exactly that.



And that was my weekend, in a nutshell.

And with that, I better clock in for another day at the coalface of creativity...


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

A Serious Post And Another Obituary But With Some More Positive Stuff At The End