This A Week I Want Forget, But Won't...

 It's been a hell of a week so far...

On Monday, we were both geared up for a hectic return to work. I was getting ready for the pre-Christmas period where I try to get projects finished to the point that I can package stuff and get it out to clients for them to enjoy of the festive break, whilst the memsahib was faced with lots of meetings, following the return of Parliament after Summer recess.

And then at 07:30, our world was turned upside down.

Wehave a pack of assorted Scotties, who have been overseen for 14 and a half years by the smallest West Highland White Terrier you've ever seen, being a runt of a liter, not expected to survive and written off by a callous breeder.

But we took her on and she had a good life despite her small stature and assorted digestive issues, and ruled the roost over considerable larger Scotties.

But age is age, and she was looking frail for the last week, so we had decided to take the step which I hate more than any other, of deciding on euthanasia, agreeing that on Monday we'd make the call and set the date.

Alas at 07:30, Lula stood up, made as if to vomit and we believe ruptured her aorta, resulting in a fast death but with horrific visuals.

And that's been the backdrop to our week, as we deal with her loss, the cremation arrangements and cost, supporting the rest of the pack who can't understand where Lu' has gone and of course, doing our jobs to the usual standards and hours.

The house has lost a little white spark, leaving a disproportionately large hole.

Against this backdrop, I've managed to do some building of a few sets of the old Champions of Chaos as I close in on the end of the big fantasy project, and I have also got ahead of the game on my late 17th century, after managing to agree a deal to purchase a large collection of nicely painted Front Rank Williamite & Jacobite forces totaling around 1175 pieces, of which these are a few of them:







I'll be replacing the flags and blacking the base edges, but they are a table ready force which gives me a kickstart  back into historical after an 18 month break, allowing me to complete the project by the end of 2025.

I have decided from here onward to pick a project that has to be completed within 12 months and a £4000 budget, as the fantasy project frankly, got well out of control.

Well, if you will excuse me, it's time to crack on with my day's work.


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

The Passing Of A British Wargaming Legend

A Serious Post And Another Obituary But With Some More Positive Stuff At The End