'Satanic Panic' 3 Decades On...

The previous long blog post has now started me on my latest project.

 It's 30 years since the 'panic' and I am undertaking to canvas the major U.S faith groups in every state to see what the feelings are now. So far I have tackled sending emails to synagogues in all 50 states and we'll see what it brings. 


Next I will canvass mosques and then onto the major Christian faith groups. 


Then it will be data mining and number crunching and I will see if there is a practical way to make use the generated data and conclusions drawn therefrom.


This might even set me off with another book...


Gaming-wise I've pretty much done away with my historical stuff now after what has been a really awful year with regards to my local historical club.


There are a few people of whom I think very highly and enjoy gaming with, but I think that having rocked the boat I may now be in the water with little hope of a life belt.


If that;s the way it has to be, then so be it, but I won't shut up, just to keep friends when something is simply not on...


I'm well into the creation of my cosplay outfit, with the unexpected amount of money left at the end of the 2014 wargames season, allowing me to really go to town.


No World Team Championships for me this weekend, for the first time in all my years of gaming. 2015 sees me planning for just a single wargames event, but even that may go by the wayside.


I have however just taken delivery of almost 50 Traveller RPG books, so I have plenty to read over the dark months.


TTFN

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...