A fake for £510

So, last weekend, I paid £510 for 'The Citadel Giant' on the Oldhammer Forum.

This was what I was offered:



Thankfully I refused to pay via Paypal Friends & Family as £510 is a lot to lose.

The item arrived today and the model was broken... LUCKILY

Because what I was sold was a counterfeit torso made from plaster, thus:




At the moment I am laughing at the surreality of it all, whilst at the same time with Paypal.

There are I am sure a few people out there who will be having a good old snigger at my expense, and I don't begrudge them that small pleasure, if it brightens their life and gives them another reason to go on living.

UPDATE:

The seller appears to be as horrified as I, and has arranged a refund. He says (and I have no reason to doubt him) that the item was part of a bulk purchase, by his brother, some time ago.

It appears that both he and I have been taken to the cleaners by a recaster.

Comments

  1. That's awful. At least you can get your money back. Good luck with finding another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to admit, that would be my worst nightmare as a seller!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave your praise and vitriolic commentary here...

Popular posts from this blog

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...