Death Eater Theatre...

We had a great day at the Yorkshire Cosplay Con Today. I finally got the opportunity to wear the custom made Death Eater costume that I've been putting together for the last couple of years.

I am pleased to report that it was well received with many complimentary comments, as well as several photograph and video requests.
Our daughter and son-in-law were also there with their 3 sons, all in assorted Harry Potter themed outfits. My eldest Grandson Lukas, is a dead ringer for a young Draco Malfoy and is also currently going through the 'terrible twos' and as such was showing off splendidly. Even our bribery of a Kit Kat, stuffed toy and numerous badges took time to work.

Lots of really passionate people there, having a great time and some truly outstanding costumes. I was somewhat surprised to see that the 'Mad Max' lads from Sheffield didn't show as they'd have gone down really well.
For a first outing, I am really satisfied with the costume. I have a couple of tweaks to make before the next event. The great thing about it, is that I don't have to move quickly or suddenly, and if my arthritis is flaring I can use a cane, hobble or shuffle, and still be in character.

There were several other Hogwarts pupil in attendance, mostly those pesky Gryffindor types...
One lady who was attired in the robes of that house, clocked me and drew her wand, forgetting to utter the spell. I fast drew from my wand holster, and true to character used the Cruciatus Curse...Shouting 'Crucio'

'I drew first...' my opponent cried.

'Ah but I actually voiced the spell.' I retorted.

There was a good deal of chuckling and then some posed shots where we both agreed to pose as if bested. Like I said, a great atmosphere! I have said it before, and I will say it again, out of all the types of show and convention, I attend, the wargames show is the only one to not try to get some sense of it being a celebration. We take ourselves way too seriously.
I did however bump into a member of my old club Sheffield Wargames Society and exchanged a few pleasantries.

I'd love to post pics of my grandsons, but my daughter is very firm about that kind of thing... The following pics were taken by Kayte...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...