In Memoriam - Dez Green

2017 has been an unpleasant year for the loss of gaming acquaintances, both close and not so close.

I am sad to report the passing of  Dez Green of Sheffield, this week.

Dez was a little older than most of us and the cousin of one of the 'Pauls' who featured quite prominently in my book of gaming memoirs.

I would be a liar to say I was close to Dez, I wasn't but we knew each other and he was always quiet, pleasant, intelligent and had a dry sense of humour. Several times when I was 'frothing' a little too much he'd look at me in a kind of inscrutable way which had the effect of making me go silent - quite an accomplishment.

Others will of course have more meaningful memories, but I have undertaken to remember and and report the passing of fellow gamers, and this I do with a solemn heart.

My thoughts go out to Paul and the Green family at this time.


Rest in peace Dez.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...