Normal Service Is Resumed - Now For A Rest!

Hi ho, my dear followers...

Well, after 8 weeks, the Dark Tower is now fully renovated albeit at a price tag £18,000.00 higher than planned.

It's really been hell and has affected my wife's health quite severely (possibly unrecoverable in fact)  so whilst the transformation is magnificent, the cost is, on reflection, not one I would knowingly pay again.

Anyway, As of 6PM today I have closed my studio for 17 days to take my first holiday since December. I did however finish on a busy note by completing a large number of 15mm Cossack and Italian Wars models for two of my regular account clients in Canada:





In the morning the Sheffield mob will be heading over the Pennines to Britcon in Manchester, to spend a day in good (albeit Lancastrian ) company, do a little shopping and partake in a rather fine lunch in Chinatown.

We all really love the show as it is relaxed, airy and has a rather decent little bring and buy. It's also free to get in. We seem to go over in greater numbers every year and never come home disappointed.

I'm looking to buy more 6mm stuff, but I am also looking at 28mm Cape Wars stuff as I finally got around to reading the two volumes by Col. Mike Snook which my wife gave me for my birthday last year (18th August) and it's a really fascinating period which does not require a large number of models. 300 figures will take care of any of the battles if you work in the standard 1:20 figure ratio. Whilst I had hoped to use a smaller scale of models, nobody makes suitable models in 6 or even 15mm.

The holiday is to be spent visiting galleries such as the Hepworth and Hockney as well as hunting down fine foods and wines asSummer passes into Autumn over the next few weeks.

On the 20th, we'll be heading down to Partizan, and then I am calling time on the year as far as conventions are concerned for 2017.

I'm also starting to sketch out some more ideas for my next book, and checking out the legal aspects of a few things I intend to bring to light in the narrative timeline. This break should give me the time I need to get my due diligence sorted out. It's gaming related again, but will also tackle a few things that may cause discomfort.

Well, I have to go and knock up a seafood pasta dish and drink some red wine, so I will thank you all for your patience whilst I have been living in the domestic equivalent of Beirut, and I look forward to getting back on track with my posts, from here onwards...


TTFN


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...