Marston! More?

You know, it amazes me just how Roger and I, despite being a hundred or so miles apart geographically and no longer living in each other's parents homes for days at a time, or plaguing the late and much respected Terry Wise in his 'Wargamer's Attic', still manage to set each other off with ideas and projects.

There I was last night, relaxed and content; safe in the knowledge that 13 KG of figures would be dropping on the doorstep of Lancashire Games today, when the evil genius sends me an email, hinting that he is currently reading an OOB for Marston Moor, no doubt trying to give me a guilt trip for firing his interest in the ECW again, much as I did to him, with the 16th century a while ago.

Well, I pulled him up short... I used strong, short sentences to indicate that he should concentrate on the 16th century and that I had the 17th century covered. Words were exchanged, snooks cocked and possibly, kittens sent to heaven, and I sat down and watched my episode of Fame, drank wine and then had a rather fitful night indeed, waking grumpy and out of sorts. 

And then I looked at the link which Roger had sent me...

And then, I counted the units at Marston Moor, looked at the numbers and realised that the devil had got to me via that nastiest of ways, the well laid out OOB.

And thus, this morning I have conceded to Roger that perhaps we may look at this battle.

Of course this will mean the ordering of more figures. My Parliamentarian units were I confess, not based on a given Association but were rather chosen for colour. The Royalists were chosen to represent Royalist in Oxford and the Midlands. After all... My toys, my money, my choice of colours. Because at that point I was not looking at a given battle or part of the conflicts, I was taking a rather relaxed approach as befits a man of my increasing years.

But now, oh now, I am going to start commissioning units for Marston blood Moor aren't I?

And you know what? I feel pretty damned good about it.

Roger, I salute you, sir!


TTFN

Comments

  1. Hook, line, sinker, and copy of Angling Times. He got you good. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave your praise and vitriolic commentary here...

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...