The great Marston Moor project is going well after 3 days...
Even without Roger's input yet, (and he will, oh yes, he will, because he shares the same megalomanic tendencies as I) the plan which came from his Mephistophelean mind is steaming ahead, an like unstoppable buff coated cavalry charge, led by a geezer from the Rhine.

 The progress so far:

1. 19KG of Perry metals have been purchased and sent to Lancashire Games, who are my chosen painters.

2. I have commissioned the painting of all of Rupert's horse and foot as well as started on Newcastle's horse for the Royalist side. That's a lot of toys there..;
3. On the Parliament side I have commissioned the entire Eastern Association and all of the Northern Association apart from 1 combined foot regiment.

This leaves for the Royalists:
The remainder of Newcastle's army 
The York Garrison . 

For Parliament:
The Covenanters 
The one outstanding unit of the N.A.

Not bad at all, although I confess that my wallet is in palliative care at present!

It's all being done in Perry metals so no plastic rubbish, and the painting is scheduled to begin, I am informed, from next week.

Thursday will see the delivery of the stunning church model made by Grand Manner. It's a joint purchase with my good lady and whilst it cost an eye-watering £212.00 for the unpainted model, it's a real centrepiece will look superb on the 20 or so terrain boards we have by Adrian's Walls.




Saturday, I am off to the Philosophers Dome, Harry Potter themed convention over in Buxton, the first time I've taken the Death Eater costume out since October of 2017, when I was really unenthusiastic; so much so that I went home early and threw the whole £1800 costume in various cupboards.

Yesterday, I washed all of the robes, pressed them, replaced the Horcrux pendant I lost (it arrived this  morning) and managed to grab two tickets.

We'll se how it goes. The costume has always been very well received at Potter specific conventions. If I have a good time, I'll keep the costume, but if I have a bad time, then I am retiring from the scene and selling the costume...





TTFN

Comments

  1. That church will make a stunning centrepiece - well worth the cost.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave your praise and vitriolic commentary here...

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...