Well, that closes the doors on 2018 for me, with a last hurrah of Italian Wars stuff... Oh and a Giant Killer Reptile

This week has been a murderous one, work-wise, so imagine my pleasure to be able to sit at a table yesterday and plan my final project for this year, in the form of 1200 Italian Wars figures, using the Venexia range.

I am not one for set army lists for the period, but rather I like to have a big cache of models with all the right troop types for the various antagonists in approximately correct numbers. This means a lot of Swiss and Landsknechts but obviously a wedge of generic infantry and cavalry with a few nation specific touches for flavour.

I spent 3 hours with my regular opponent Dave yesterday putting together a list, and then 6 hours last night and this morning, turning those notes into lists of castings, with basing instructions and painting guides, before sending them off along with a 4 figure some to be painted.

As usual I'll paint the commanders myself as therapy, but also as usual, I am not spending my weekends painting hordes of troops, when I've spent the previous 5 days doing just that for a living.

Now I have to work out all the flags I'll need and try to be patient as I await the return of the models.

I also thought it may tickle some of you to see what happens when a mad younger brother and a tortoise owning friend, have an hour of spare time on their hands...





TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...