It's A Dog's Life...

Wow, what a busy weekend so far.

Friday was a hell of a day, as well as painting from 8AM to 4PM, I then had to spend  two hours racing around the city in anticipation of the arrival today of a new baby at Fackham Hall.

Last minute dashes for food, bedding and training pads were exhausting. Then, it was back to the Dark Tower atop the hall, and more painting until 10PM , with tea being served at 11PM and bed at midnight, with the alarm clock set for 6:30 AM.

Then, at 8:30 AM this morning I was riding shotgun with the memsahib up the M18 to Hull to collect the new addition, a 7lb Scottie (or Aberdeen Terrier to be more correct) for a top-end 3 figure sum, thence back to Sheffield, for 13:10 to attend our veterinary surgery on the far side of the city.

He was vaccinated and microchipped, then taken home to meet the rest of the pack, who have been pretty good with him.

Rex McHubbard to give him his full name, has a serious appetite. Despite being a mere 3.5KG and just 9 and a half weeks old, he destroyed a freshly cooked chicken thigh on his own before taking himself to bed for a couple of hours.

As I type, he's just up and about, finding his way around the house and growling at numerous soft toys that have somehow offended him.



After a year with a lot of sorrow, it's nice to have a new spark of life to take care of, although it has meant that Recon and Vapnartak are off the cards which means I'll not see Roger, Mike or Andrew N for a while (which is sad) but in terms of gaming I have a lot to be getting on with, what with the city and my vintage Warhammer projects, not to mention the sorting out into units of my 20mm WW2 Romanians.

Today, I took delivery of the new(wish) OGRE Battle Box, being a rather nice version of the Steve Jackson classic, with really nice plastic tanks, vehicles and figures in plastic, in the time honoured 1/285 scale.



And of course it can be played either as the traditional hex based board game or as a full on miniatures game, thus meeting the needs of everyone. The models are really nice, and I am actually itching to get some paint on them.

This morning as the memsahib guided the family transport towards Hull, I picked up online a rather nice set of mostly painted 'Mars Attacks' models, for the embarrassingly low price of £40 including postage.


These are destined to invade my city scenery in the future, more of which is on it's way to me as I type, my mate Dave having done yeoman's work on getting stuck into building the MDF over the last fortnight.

And that as they say, is the news from Lake Wobegone.


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...