Unplanned But A Welcome Distraction

I've been busy as ever, this week, clocking up 50 hours actual painting time in the studio, with a painful sternum and intercostal muscles making it feel like double the time.

I've made a few planned purchases in the shape of some 15mm Cold War Soviet vehicles - comprising one each, mechanised and armoured company, ready painted.

My NATO forces suffered a setback when 70% of the vehicles I bought last weekend, arrived and were 20mm! I have returned them, but I'm still waiting for the refund despite the seller resisting them already... BAH!

I also bought the excellent looking Core Space miniatures game and all the supplements. Production, content and presentation are all first class and it's a long time since a modern product got me a little moist in the boxer shorts.

However, today I bagged a bargain.

I'd been watching a large collection of 28mm painted sic-fi on Flea Bay and it was one of those times when you are not actually looking for the item in question but the price and beauty of an item gets you all excited because you can see stories and games just leaping from the screen.

Well, I dropped the seller a line this morning on a whim, and ended up getting a lovely collection for less than bare metal costs.

Here are some pics:


I'm sure you'll agree, these are lovely models, and I've a narrative starting to form in my head involving 'Un-Alts' and 'Gennies' with the odd alien thrown in for good measure.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...