Spain, Elitist Miniature Gaming & The Passing Of The Professor... It's Been An Interesting Week

Hi All,

Well, it's been a hell of a busy week in my studio after the Christmas break, but it's also been an interesting one.

Firstly I'd like to mark the passing of Neil Peart, lyricist and drummer with RUSH, the Canadian prog rock trio, to whom many a young gamer were almost gods, with their power riffs, thought provoking lyrics and exquisite mastery of their art.

I know that for me, they were a defining part of my gaming life, and to this day, I often have RUSH playing as I work.

Rest in peace, Mr Peart.



Now, I often sit an mull things over as  work, or as I lay abed, watching the night pass, and the other day I was reflecting on the idea of commissioning personal wargames miniatures, a la Bill Gaskin. I recall that a very small number of people over the years managed to get hold of a few units from Bill, and it was a sign of great favour to do so.
This got me all excited, and I ran an idea past a few people and of course my buddy Roger. I invested a few pounds in URLs and some design, because I had some time on my hands and came up with:



1. Wargames Elite is a concept for a project to produce interesting figures, be they fantasy or historical on a non-commercial, almost ridiculously, limited basis.

2. The plan is to offer a once only opportunity to similarly minded folk who will be the only people to own them. 

3. They will never be commercially released. Those who support the models will be able to add to their collection for a year. After that the metaphorical portcullis drops.

4. This is truly an opportunity to own some very exclusive figures without the massive outlay because that will be shared by a select few.

5. There will also be a worldwide limit ( not a large number ) of supporter opportunities. At this time 50 people per project worldwide seems to be the favoured figure.

6. After the initial year I will publish details of how many castings are in the public domain. This will mean that you will be able to see just how many models will ever be in circulation. 

If you are interested in this you can contact me using the contact form over at http://www.conflictincolour.com for the present.

You will also be painfully aware to the point of nausea probably, by now, that I am very old school in my tastes. Well, MB in the early 80s produced an electronic interactive boardgame, by the name of 'Dark Tower'. It's a spiffing game which I only got to play in the last couple of years, and the eBay prices for a copy are eye-watering.

However, it appears that it is coming back again, in a revised and improved form, courtesy of Restoration Games in the U.S: 

I mentioned recently that I have developed a taste in armies which is a little strange, because I find that I wish to spend money on the perennial 'loser' of wargames armies, a Napoleonic Spanish force in 28mm. To this end I forked over £70 for two rather wonderful volumes from Ken Trotman Books, which arrived today along with another gem, a mint copy of the long OOP 'Starhound'' rules, written in my own fair city almost 40 years ago, and which before the advent of 'Silent Death' were the standard set for sci-fi fighter combat.
I intend to spend my afternoon soaking in a hot bath, and indulging in some heavy reading.



Finally, if you have a copy of the 'In The Grand Manner' wargames rules in the original green cover, and would like to sell them, please drop me a line again using the contact form at http://www.conflictincolour.com

And on that note, I shall bid you all a very good weekend.

TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...