It's Back To The 80s - AGAIN!

Well, as the world seems to be falling apart at the seams, I've spent my third weekend, painting up my 1982/83 Chaos army, and I've added 8 more, for a total of 21 figures so far.

It's nice to be able to pick up a brush, 'forget' all I have learned about painting in 40 years and just paint with a sense of innocenceand without the need to impress anyone or prove anything.

That's what I do Monday to Friday, and I enjoy it, but to get that authentic 1980s vibe, you have to have the same mindset you had when you were 13.


Earlier today I also added to my pre-slotta/early slotta Undead, with an amazing eBay win of 30 early zombies for £31.00. Needless to say, although I had bid up to £100, I am very happy indeed with my purchase, which will have the paintwork touched up where needed, a goo varnish and then static grass basing.



I think this takes me to somewhere around 130 pre-slotta zombies. My target is 160 figures in 10 units for these fellahs.

And as if all of this wasn't old school enough, I checked into my Facebook page for Satanic Panic Miniatures, and got a shot of real, honest to Betsy 1980s nostalgia in the form of the following:

https://www.facebook.com/chris.grover.121  just sent me a series of sweet messages, straight from the heart and to the Satanic Panic Miniatures messenger inbox:


"stop advertising this garbage to the masses. crawl back into your holes or come to Jesus”

And then…

"You re a bunch of satanic cucks”

Followed closely by…

"You losers r pathetic. I'm a winner and you re a bunch of underground black robe wearing aleister crowley loving sick creatures. You ve been lied to and glorify the father of lies”


This has actually made me chuckle somewhat.  It’s just like 1982 again… Retro thinking AND retro miniatures. And this from a guy who if you look at his profile, takes selfies in the toilet.


I am sometimes still amazed by the world around me.

Stay safe and don't let the 'real' world get to you...


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...