A Black Friday But, More Figures...

Friday was one day I do not want to repeat...

One of my dogs, Dougal ('my' dog) was diagnosed with a second strain of cancer on Wednesday. Today, he had deteriorated to the point thathad to have him euthanised, which has left me quite literally hurting all over.

This was Dougal at 8 weeks old, a Scottish Terrier who was so very different from all of our other pack members:

And he grew into a stunning boy:

So, I need a couple of days over the weekend to get my head in a better place.

I'll lose myself somewhat (says he, hopefully) in building Warlord plastic cavalry, of which 5 boxes have arrived out of 11 in total.

However...

As I travelled home, Martin sent me the sketches for the 6 stretch goal hobgoblins and the heads.
So, after that bit of morbid news at the start, here you are:


I don't think I was able to properly appreciate them yesterday, but Martin has really preserved the classic look whilst adding models which the older lines lacked, giving a true sense of a tribal hierarchy.

All of these are unlocked now, so there's no better time to leap on board as we head for the finish line with the Kickstarter:


Looking forwards, it's time that the original muti-part giants were refreshed, and so I've tasked Martin with coming up with an entire range to match and actually improve on, the original 'C' series models, including poses which are 'bowling', 'swatting' and a set of legs to let you make use of those big plastic dinosaurs or whatever takes your fancy and create your own giant cavalry.

They are going a step further than the originals in that they will have split legs and torsos as well as separate heads and weapons. Yes, once again, Satanic Panic is going to go that little bit frther with multi-part insanity.

Some have suggested I go with resin, but I am an unabashed lover of white metal castings, so unless I have to, then metal will be the medium used.

I am also now planning the Undead and a second run of Hobgoblins for 2021 with female Berserks and maybe, 'The Court Of The Great Khan’.

Also in the pipeline are Regiments Of Repute, with a single pose of trooper, leader, musician and standard bearer, but with separate heads. These will cover all the major races of classic fantasy - and more besides.

Pretty exciting stuff eh?


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...