Post Apocalyptic Pike Blocks

I confess, that with my workload averaging 10-12 hours per day, I am not finding much time at all for enjoying my hobby. That said, there are no conventions, no way to get together face to face (you can forget remote gaming, because I am old school, and whilst I embrace technology in general I will not sully my gaming with Skype, Roll20 or the like) so my focus is somewhat different.

I am horrified that we may soon be able to go back to meeting in large cattle shed-like halls and spread something between each other (you will recall my comments on that twat at Hammerhead who got way too close to me with his foetid, grease laden outpourings) and thus I have essentially written off 2020 - quite happily, I might add.

To be perfectly honest, I have pretty much allocated my annual budget already, but not in the somewhat 'shotgun' way I'd planned at the start of the year. Rather, I've spoken with Rodger, the memsahib and my brother and we are all very focussed on where we are going.

My wife is head down, working on an enormous (and I mean enormous) Marauder Dark Elf army, before commencing on her ECW Royalists in 28mm.

My brother is also reminding his ECW mojo and is working on a Parliamentarian force.

And then Roger and I are indulging in what he calls 'the arms race' as I build a Parliamentarian and he a Royalist force. Roger is pulling together an army of stunted and no doubt inbred Foundry Royalists,  but I have tall, well fed Parliamentarians from Bicorne.

(I can hear Roger seething as I write this)

So as you can see, the focus is on getting ECW onto the field  by the Autumn and getting some gaming going on a regular basis.

I've also been listening to the Grognard Files podcast where the old Gamma World RPG was the subject of the latest episode along with a mention or two of Metamorphosis Alpha, the second oldest RPG, which is wonderfully available again and being supported.

So, as I have allocated funds for the painting of the ECW and put the Cold War on the back burner, I spent the rest of my spending money on Metamorphosis Alpha and Mutant Crawl Classics which is arguably the best retro-clone Gamma World substitute, with a great retro look, non-ironic retro feel and what's more a brilliant selection of traditional modules.

I bought everything with the exception of the Judges screen and one module, neither of which are currently in stock in the UK, which gives me two little spends to look forward to during the next 5 months of sending money to my painter.

I rounded out my year's spending with a copy of the Labyrinth Adventure Game from Riverhorse, which looks jolly good fun indeed.

So, you can see, the focus is very much on rules-light retro RPG-ing and plenty of ECW gaming.

I managed to get hold of a supply of PVA and as I have my own range of static grass, I'm planning to use the bank holiday weekend to flock and detail the Noch gaming boards I bought a few months ago.

Yes, despite the lockdown, it's all go!


TTFN




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...