Still Alive!

Well, I woke up this morning, checked the pulse, made sure I could move and breathe, fussed the puppy who licked me awake and rejoiced at reaching my 52nd birthday.

As is the norm, I have pardoned my enemies and released the slaves from the pits, albeit with a strict lecture on social distancing, issuing each with shackle sanitiser and a strip of hemp to cover their face with.

Celebrations began with a grand parade of terriers on the local hill followed by a return to bed with a copy of 'Napoleon's Beloved Egyptians' a fine book by Yves Martin.

Thence I bathed and robed and partook of a breakfast of two soft boiled eggs, orange juice, toast and marmalade before reviewing the ECW figures I based yesterday who were arrayed in the Dark Tower.



So I have 8% of the infantry finished, 20% of the artillery positions and 20% of the horse & dragoons

I then did a little more work on a few more artillery bases before a ham sandwich and a cup of tea, followed by a snooze with the terriers of the Fackham Pack at my feet.

Now, somewhat refreshed, I shall be placing an order with the brothers Perry for a selection of their rather excellent Napoleon in Egypt range, probably the forces at the battle of Alexandria.

TTFN

Comments

  1. Congrats! I myself am approaching the big five - oh, I can't say it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave your praise and vitriolic commentary here...

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...