Old School Gems & New Model Soldiers

 I have to be somewhat brief as I have 3 weeks until I close for Christmas and there's lots to be done.

This week I bagged a few bargains including Holmes Basic D&D, Keep On The Borderlands, 2 uncut sets of Dungeon Floorpans and then last night a 1983 set of Gamma World on a whim.








I spent yesterday getting the texture and base coats on the bases of the final third of my 28mm New Model Army after sticking it all down on Saturday (a change from packing kick-starters and pulling up carpets, I can tell you). I'll hopefully get the static grass, dry brush and foliage sorted this coming weekend, and at a push, the pike and flags.

I am particularly pleased with the unit of horse, scattering a flock of sheep, which came from the painter misplacing a rider and me being too tight to pay the shipping for a single rider figure, but having a few sheep on hand...


Friday was trying when I was sent images of the Montrose Army I commissioned (different painter to the NMA) only to find that they were frankly bloody awful... A four-figure sum down the drain, these will not be crossing my threshold, I assure you.

Right, I better crack on with the day. Hopefully I'll break the 200,000 views mark today... Thanks for taking the time to pass by and see what I am rambling about.


TTFN




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...