HARK! I hear the sound of 40,000 hooves... I hear the lamentations of the enemy's women... THE MONGOLS APPROACH FROM THE EAST!

It is with distinct pleasure, that I can now announce that the first historical range from Satanic Panic Miniatures will be Mongols, sculpted by Martin Buck.

Originally these were commissioned by The Emperor’s Little Soldiers but saw very little exposure commercially.

I wanted a Mongol army myself and thus when I could not get hold of the models, I decided to make my Christmas present to myself the purchase of the range, after a brief and very amicable exchange of emails with Barry Lee.

Mongols are an enduring classic and what’s more, they are also mirrored in fantasy literature, thus providing some very suitable human opponents for the Satanic Panic Hobgoblins and Great Gnolls, on the Steppes to the east of the Dark Tower, the dread abode of the Great Wizard.

For my part, I will be using mine as true Mongols for the Swordpoint rules.

The range has 31 models with several being split torso for varied posing. There are light and heavy riders as well as unarmored and armoured ponies which allow the armoured riders to be fielded as ‘heavy’ or ‘guard’ cavalry.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...