Afghan And Done It...

 Well, the final project for 2021 was initiated yesterday, namely the 2nd Afghan War in of course, 28mm.

I'll be starting off with Perry Miniatures and adding a few units of Wargames Foundry along the way. The initial tranche is around 800 pieces comprising:


360 Afghan tribesmen

60 Afghan tribal cavalry

1 Tribal gun

90 Afghan Regular infantry

2 Afghan regular guns

90 British regulars

90 Indian army regulars

24 cavalry

3 guns


I've ordered a set of terrain boards from Last Valley (although I am still waiting on my european boards) and I ordered half a dozen Renedra Afghan buildings and accessory sprues. which will keep the Memsahib busy over the winter (not that she needs it with 800 of her own ECW on her desk)

My plan then is to have a yearly splurge at the end of each gaming year, whereby, anything I have left on October 31st (my traditional end to the campaigning season) will be spent on increasing either my ECW, Carlists or NWF as I see fit.

This means that I am not tying down funds over the year, but rather rewarding frugality and careful spending over the preceeding 10 months.

I think this year will see the Afghans & British expanded over the winter by 200 models, if I don't spend anything at Partizan in October.

I'm curremtly mulling over the way gaming has become less of a simulation these days, and whether we are straying to far down the 'fun over facts' route, but I'll write about that more at a later date.

Well, another day at the coal face of figure painting calls, so if you will excuse me, I'll away to my studio.

 

TTFN



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...