Of Power Armour and Afghan Warriors

 Sunday, I somewhat reluctantly retired to my studio to prep' work for the coming week, intending to be there for an hour. Six hours later, and dripping with sweat I descended to the house again, having got way too involved with cleaning up and sorting the big box  of Laserburn miniatures which I purchased from Alternative Armies, and which they delivered in great time.

I had purchased the entire Imperial Assault Group listing from Forces Of The Imperium the army list supplement for Imperial Comander with a full complement of vehicles, and full strength attached platoons of Black Guard, power armour and dreadnought suits. For opposition I'd ordered the Late Dynastic era Redemptionist list from the main rulebook, a lethal mix of war trikes, power armour and troops.

I just piled the Redemptionists up on my desk, but like the cat who sees a pink fluffy ball of wool and considers the play possibilities of same, I was curious to investigate how the Imperial force would look when laid out in squds and platoons, with the added transport. This is how it looks:


It's a respectably sized force even in 15mm, and will allow for I hope, some stimulating play, with sweeping vehicular advances and slow but overwhelming lines of heavily armouredtroops, the Black Guard in advanced propulsion APC variants acting as 'fire fighters' for the commander.

I am hoping to strart painting them whilst on my Summer break over August, but I have just heard this morning that hundreds of 28mm Afghans are on their way back to me from my painter, so, it may be that I use my time to get them based before the opposing British forces begin to arrive.

Either way, it's going to be a very hobby focussed 2nd half to the year!


TTFN


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...