A Week Of Little & Much

 What a busy week it's been...

The first 8 days of my holiday seem to have shot by, with only a couple of poutings for the purposes of cultural fulfilment. Of particular note was the trip over to Bradford, which is not perhaps where you may expect to find culture, but in act at Cartwright Hall art gallery there's the Hockney gallery and some of the best of Black British art (the very best being in Manchester) as well as a cheeky little Warhol and some rather nice landscapes and portraiture.

At present, there's also a nice little exhibition on the fashions and music of 70s and 80s Bradford, which was the home base of more acts than you might think. 















You then take a light lunch in the rather excellent little cafe there and skip 2.2 miles over to Saltaire and Salt's Mill, wherein you will find many, many works by David Hockney, a rather splendid craft jewellery shop, a bloody massive art and art book store and an equally massive bookshop up on the 2nd floor.


 

Wear comfortable shoes!

However, I've been at home quite a bit, and so, I have of course been at the same desk I spend my working days at, getting my 28mm Perry Miniatures, 2nd Afghan War, Afghans based up. I completed them on Friday, and I'm pleased with them. I just need to get the flags sorted:


















It's a healthy sized force, comprising 17 Irregular units, 3 Regular and two artillery pieces. I'll be adding a bout 5 or six more units and a couple more artillery pieces to round it out.

A commentator said that he thought I needed to have individually based figures for skirmish gaming. As you know, I don't 'do' skirmish gaming, and nor do I 'do' casualty removal. He also took exception to my bases sizes, at which I just pointed out 'Rule 1' as I always do. Rest assured I take great care in selecting base sizes for my armies. I am beyond the WRG 'to the millimetre' school of gaming these days.

Yesterday also saw a surprise visit by my builder, who had the missing pice of my new gaming room - a window - and who then set about completing the rest of the construction, so that it was complete yesterday.




Next Tuesday the joiner will be building the tables, and then we can get the plastic sheeting off the carpet which was fitted this last Tuesday. 

Then September will see the back yard fully resurfaced and extended in places. Not a bad Summer's work, and at last my own place of gaming indulgence.

Right, if you will excuse me, I need to go and shower and then pop out for a light breakfast with the Memsahib...


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...