Another Year Survived, And Another Army Completed

 Hi Hoh,


On Wednesday I awoke and celebrated another year survived on this mudball. Hussah!

Gifts included the Call Of Cthulhu Kickstarter and wargaming tokens (cash if you prefer) from family, and from Roger and his charming lady a rather nice bottle of Taittinger and a round of Langres cheese.

To serve, you bring the cheese to a comfortable room temprature and pour an amount of the champagne into the dimple, which is moulded into the cheese. Tip: prick the cheese with a fork, a couple of minutes before opening the champagne.


Served with a little freshly baked baguette and saucisson sec, it was a wonderful gastronomic gift. The difference between champagne with and without the cheese was marked.

Wednesday itself was a washout - as is normal on my birthday - with nothing going right, on the annual celebratory outing and lunch, despite my attempt to pull a bait and switch on the Gods.

However, my builder finished my wargames room the day before, and also built me some beautiful tables, which I then populated with one of the two sets of Last Valley boards I purchased a few months ago, anticipating the construction of 'The Rumpus Room'.

I will come clean and admit that I was in there at 06:30 in my pyjamas - Go on, roll your eyes and call me an addict. I then moved all of the terrain and scenery into place under the benchwork.




On Friday morning, I was out there at the same time, fitting Venetian blinds... *cue ridicule*

But yesterday, the postman delivered a box of flags from Studio Miniatures, and so after stripping down and cleaning my own studio, I spent a fraught 3 and a half hours, attaching flags, before placing my freshly completed Afghan army onto the shelves I bought the other week:

 

 
That, is 23 linear feet of Afghan ferocity! In actual fact some units are doubled up so it's closer to 27

 















 
And with that, I will leave you to enjoy your Sunday, as I have to go and hunt for more decor for the Rumpus Room...
 
 
TTFN



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...