Behold - The Rumpus Room!

 HOOOOO-ZAAAAR!

 

At last, my gaming den - AKA 'The Rumpus Room' is ready to go.

The joind=er wlked in this morning with a van load of timber and some rather evil looking tools. I plied him with breakfast and tea - as is my wont - and 8 hours later he had built me the most stunning pair of tables. espite not specifying them, he was so intent on making them the best he could, he rounded the corners. added a bevelled ede and fitted 6 inch casualty/drink shelves under the lips of the tables, having asked about wargaming and how the tables were used.

Well, I was so happy that I added a £50 tip to the rather face-reddening bill of just £300 (he actually quoted me less, but I have pride, you understand).

So now the room is ready for the addition of coffee machine, armchair and window blind as well as security cameras. Then I start and fill it to make it a temple of gaming goodness, in the heart of the Steel City.

I'd considered club gaming again, but to be perfectly honest I don't think I'd be welcome at Sheffield Wargames Society after the 2015 incident, and besides I have two complete set ups using Last Valley terrain and scenics as well as lots of other terrain, and at the end of the day, ythat's better than 6x4 hardboard painted 'Apple Green' and paying for the 'luxury'.

Here are some pics I took quickly as I dusted and hoovered the 'R.R':

 




 

The tables have castors and coach bolts to secure them togerther for larger games, BTW.

I am 53 years young on the morrow, and I'll be able to tick another 'bucket list' item off. Perhaps not much to some people but I am very, very happy.

Oh, as I will be taking in an art gallery and lunch on the morrow, I will take this opportunity as is tradition, to forgive my enemies, reach out to my friends, and free the slaves from the pits below Fackham Hall.

 

Stay safe and happy,


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...