The Last Hurrah

 Well, I am at the end of my holiday, bar the shouting. It's been a fast 27 days, that's for sure.

It's odd how being over half a century old, not feeling at all well, and listening to Marillion, can focus the mind on the 'endgame'.

So, as I sat at my desk today, finishing the first staff group for my 28mm 2nd Anglo-Afghan War, Afghans, I started mulling on what exactly I want to do next. I have three projects on the go, with the 2AAW almost complete, another project in the hands of the painter, and the third at the acquisition stage.

So, I reckon I will commission one more 'large' set up and then call it a day, and maybe just indulge myself in collecting old 'pocket series' games, and possibly indulge myself in a few smaller projects. 

I just can't decode what it should be, and have a varied selection to choose from, when it comes to periods which are floating my boat:

1. French Indian War

2. American War of 1812

3. Wars of The Roses

4. The Barons War

5. Jacobite Rebellion

6. Romans Vs Gauls

They all have that 'something' even though that something is different for each of them, and I really can't make a solid choice. BAH!

Today, I've been sulking up in the studio, after a bit of a tiff with the memsahib, and although I didn't want to particularly do much painting this holiday, I've knocked out a rather nice command group for the Afghans:






 I'm pretty pleased with it and I'm going to go and pop it on the shelf with the troops, out in the Rumpus Room, shortly.

The latest Grognard Files podcast features a nice interview with Ian Livingstone, co-founder of GAmes Workshop, and it's well woth alisten. I think perhaps that's another reason I am somewhat introspective as I've spent over 80% of my life so far in the hobby and the sense of it all being 'just the other day' despite over 4 decades passing,  lies heavy on my shoulders.

I'm now desperately wanting to 'get the band back together' before it's too late, and we start failing saving throws. After all, 3 friends so far have 'fumbled'...

Well, as it's my 28th wedding anniversary, I suppose I better slink off and make up with the memsahib. After all, we've been together 33 years now, and if she's put up with me that long, I must be of some value :-)


TTFN


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...