Starships & Memories

 

I am seeking as many of the following as I can get my sweaty and aged paws on:
 
The League
SCL1 "Birlad" Type Frigate (2 figs)
SCL2 "Tirgovisti" Type Destroyer
SCL3 "Moinesti" Type Light Cruiser
SCL4 "Sinca-Veche" Type Light Cruiser
SCL5 "Nyiregyhaza" Type Pursuit Cruiser
SCL6 " Rimnicu Villa" Type Cruiser
 
Kjunklingr
SCK1 Kjunklingr War Vessel
 
ALSO: any of the similar looking models, later peddled as 'Tyranid Drones'
 

 
Ironically, as a youth, you'd not have been able to pay me to take these, but as I have matured, the idea of a 'bio-fleet' has sort of (no pun intended) grown on me.

Rather than just have two 'hard metal' fleets, I like the idea of something really alien, with colour schemes taken straight from the Chris Foss playbook.

At first glance you say 'Geiger' but then when you think back to 2000AD's Strontium Dog strip there were a few ships in that with the same kind of design ethos.
 
About 10 years ago now, I painted two of the SCL6 model, using fluorescent green and orange respetively with the obligatory retro, black and white checkerboard in abundance. But I have put them somewhere 'sensible' and can't find them.

You can message me here, or email me through the form at conflictincolour.com

Moving along, I was listening to the second of three parts which make up the 50th episode of The Grognard Files podcast today, and was really enjoying listening to Ian Livingstone being interviewed and I was a bit 'down' as I remembered that Pete Armstrong had been the last manager of Dalling Road.

It was also good to hear that the long awaited book, 'The Dice Men' is getting close to release. It's been a long wait but one I am sure worth enduring. It is probbly likely that there will be a couple of pics courtesy of your correspondent, following an email exchange I had with Ian a while ago.
 
I was also amused to listen to the review of the 80s T.V magazine programme 'South Of Watford'.  You will recall that I previously covered the same topic over two years ago. Once again, I got there first - LOL.

Well, that's about it for today, apart from to report that I have lost my original Games Workshop carrier bag and I am pretty distressed.

If you have one and can spare it, I'll pay...

TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...