Greblord's Legacy

Pete ‘Greblord’ Armstrong was a founder member of Sheffield Wargames Society and the Sheffield Runelords.

More notably he was a GW figure painter before they officially had any, and wrote the painting guide which appeared in the Citadel catalogue and which still to this day appears in some RAFM boxed sets.

He was at the cutting edge in the very early 80s, using materials and mediums that were supposed to be unusable for mini painting and in some ways which even around 2014 I was saying ‘No f*****g way!’ to.

Many of my peer group pestered Pete for tips, and suffered terribly from his caustic wit as a result, but I think we all wear those scars with pride, almost 40 years later.

Pete passed away far to early, and the last few years have been a little less 'fun' as a result. So, I thought you might like to see some of his works. There are a couple of more modern pieces, but I include them because you get an idea of what a maverick he could be....
 











 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...